**Limited Time Offer** FREE SkySafari Pro Download (Usually $19.99!)
SkySafari Pro is professional astronomy software designed specifically for the SkyFi and SkyWire units. So, when you purchase this hardware from Stellar Telescope, you will have everything you need to begin wirelessly controlling your telescope from your computer or mobile phone!
SkySafari includes a database of millions and millions of stars, hundreds of thousands of galaxies down to 18th magnitude, and over 600,000 thousand solar system objects (including every comet and asteroid ever discovered). It's gyro supported technology will adjust the digital sky map as your aim your phone to the sky, while also guiding you through its seemingly endless educational content!
SkySafari Pro Complimentary Download Options Include:
- Skysafari Pro 6 iOS
- Skysafari Pro 6 Mac OSX
SkyWire Lightning Cable Telescope Controller
Here is a top-notch wired telescope controller for your iPhone 5/5S/5C (or later), iPad (4th generation or later), or iPod Touch (5th generation or later). (SkyWire will not work with Android devices.)
This 1-meter long iOS accessory adds an RS-232 connector to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch allowing you to connect directing into the serial input on your mount and control your telescope right from your phone! SkyWire is the simplest way to turn your smart device into an easy-to-use telescope controller.
- Unlike some other "iPhone serial cables" on the web, you don’t need to jailbreak your iPhone to use it correctly.
- SkyWire is the most straightforward, reliable and low cost way to control your telescope with and iPad, IPod Touch or IPhone.
- It requires zero setting adjustments - just plug and play!
- The cable is powered by the phone. SkyWire consumes a very low amount of power, so you don’t need to worry about draining your battery!
- Please note: SkyWire will not work with Android devices.
- SkySafari, version 3.8 or higher, on an iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch with a lightning connector. Available on the App Store.
- An iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch running iOS 4 or later.
Skywire Compatible Telescopes
SkyWire can plug into to any telescope with a RS-232 serial input. Here are some of the models that have been confirmed to work with the SkyWire:
- Meade LX-200 Classic and GPS
- Meade LX-90, ETX, LXD, LX-400 ACF with AutoStar #497 controllers
- Meade Magellan I and II
- Celestron NexStar 5i/8i, GPS, SLT, SE
- Celestron CG5, CGE, CGEM, CPC, AVX
- Orion Sirius, Atlas, SkyView Pro, SkyQuest XTg
- SkyWatcher mounts with SynScan controllers
- Takahashi Temma 2
- ServoCAT, Argo Navis, Sky Commander, Losmandy DSC
- Astro-Physics GTO, Losmandy Gemini, Vixen SkySensor 2000
- Tangent Instruments BBox, JMI NGC-MAX, Celestron AstroMaster
- Lumicon SkyVector, Takahashi Super Navigator, Dave Ek Box
- Orion Intelliscope, Orion SkyWizard
Please note: Some Meade ETX models ship with the Autostar #494 hand controller. For SkyWire to work, you need to upgrade your #494 controller with the #497 controller. The #497 has the RS-232 input that you need!
Additionally, in case your telescope did not come with an RS-232 adapter when you originally purchase it, you will need to purchase a female telescope serial cable adapter in order for SkySafari to properly communicate with your controller.
Other models that do not include RS-232 inputs:
- iOptron SmartStar and MiniTower mounts with 8401/8402 controllers
- Meade ETX-LS
- Vixen mounts with StarBook controllers
- Celestron USB hand controllers
These telescopes do not have RS-232 inputs, and therefore cannot work with SkyWire